Home » Infrastructure » Unix » problem connecting to oracle 10g after NCR node reboot (NCR 4.2 3.3 MPRAS_S7501HG0 Pentium IV(TM)-ISA/PCI)
problem connecting to oracle 10g after NCR node reboot [message #337338] Wed, 30 July 2008 10:32 Go to next message
viva

Hi All,

I am facing a connection problem with Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 when my application (started by /etc/rc3.d at node reboot) tries to establish a session after reboot of the node where my application is running (NCR UNIX (MP RAS)).

I find that my application (run as a deamon process) dies (abruptly comes down) when a logon is attempted for the first time after the system reboot. I am pretty confident that there is no other process that is trying to establish a connection with Oracle other than my application after i rebooted the NCR node.

When i bounce my application (stop and restart the application) and try establishing the connection with oracle, it is working fine. The application attempts to make a connection only when it recieves a request from another client application on my NCR box.

I am guessing that there could be a problem when establishing the first connection to Oracle 10gR2 database from the client application. To add, we have Oracle 8i client software installed on the client side (NCR node).

Can some one help me out to resolve this issue?

thank you,
viva
Re: problem connecting to oracle 10g after NCR node reboot [message #337340 is a reply to message #337338] Wed, 30 July 2008 10:47 Go to previous message
ThomasG
To really resolve it you will have to try to get the error that your application runs into.

One thing that might be the case is that the application tries to start to early. For example before networking or other needed services are up.

Try to modify the startup order that your application is started later during startup.

Previous Topic: Tablespace alert
Next Topic: wild card question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:28:48 CDT 2024