Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Automatic Hold - After Order is Booked (Order Management) (11.5.10.2)
Automatic Hold - After Order is Booked (Order Management) [message #347288] Thu, 11 September 2008 04:34 Go to next message
Gennext
Hi All,

The Requirement of Client is he wants an Automatic Hold after Sales Order is Booked.

He doesn't want to go with Credit Check Hold. As per as I know two things can be done Workflow Customization & Build a Trigger that Holds the Order after Booking.

Anything else than the above mentioned can be done... Your Inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Gennext
Re: Automatic Hold - After Order is Booked (Order Management) [message #349140 is a reply to message #347288] Fri, 19 September 2008 01:42 Go to previous message
rdaida
Hi Gennext,

There is one way to achieve it with out any customization.

From your statement it is understood that you want to hold each and every order that is entered but not proceed furthur from Booking status untill hold is released.

Create a hold type with Order Administration Hold/OM Order Line at work flow activity of Line Scheduling. This will make sure that order will get hold after booking activity. (Check apply to Order and line check box)

Create a hold source with the above hold and criteria as warehouse and select item master org as warehouse value. This will make sure that when ever any sales order with item master as warehouse will be eligible for hold and the activity at which it is held is line scheduling i.e order gets booked but not scheduled, so the order will be in booking status untill the hold is released.

Now define a process where each and every order is entered with warehouse as item master org, this can be achieved by defaulting rules.

So users will enter orders with item master as warehouse, this triggers the hold activity, but system allows to book the order but not schedule. so later one can change the warehouse on header from item master to correct shipping org, this will automatically releases the hold.

please let me know if you require furthur clarification.

Regards,
R-
Previous Topic: Java Script Function Error using Window Handler
Next Topic: RA_CONTACT_PHONES_INT_ALL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 10:14:41 CDT 2024