Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » One Fast Formula for All Elements, returning value for 25 Elements
One Fast Formula for All Elements, returning value for 25 Elements [message #348374] Tue, 16 September 2008 09:56 Go to next message
burhan_minhaj@yahoo.com
Hi All,
I just want to confirm that I have made one fast Formula where i calculate approximately 20 Elements. I have run payroll for 4000 employees without any error and values were accurate. Please advise me that if there is any bad impact of it or not.

Burhan Minhaj
Karachi, Pakistan
Re: One Fast Formula for All Elements, returning value for 25 Elements [message #356514 is a reply to message #348374] Thu, 30 October 2008 23:50 Go to previous message
hrguru

Formula design follows the same premise as programming encapsulation in general.

If all your elements share a significant portion of the code, then this a great idea.

If you are processing a bigger formula when each element only uses a small portion of the code, then it is a waste of resources.

Make sense?

Nice thing about your approach is that in the end, a formula ends up as PL/SQL so you may be gaining some benefits from the database caching your code as it is re-executed many times.

Best regards,
David.

Previous Topic: Query (F11) Using A Specified Voucher Number On Invoice Workbench Fails With ORA-1036 Error
Next Topic: Oracle Alerts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 10:41:08 CDT 2024