Home » Infrastructure » Windows » How to configure Oracle 10g for XP sample schemas (10g XP Sp2 installed Loopback Adapter successfully)
How to configure Oracle 10g for XP sample schemas [message #353139] Sat, 11 October 2008 20:18
pectin232
I use oracle 10g at work and have completed the training. I do not know how to configure ORacle to work at my home PC using either XP with SP2 or Vista with SP1. I got it all installed but it says I am not connected to Oracle database. I have also successfully installed it incl the Microsoft Loopback adapter. The database name is the same as when I installed: orcl how then do I set it up to read the sample schemas as in SQL Developer I do not know what is the connection name, user Name and password... which I believe I have both. How do I set up the Data Source (ODBC). Everything was installed as Default. SQL Developer and iSQl Plus starts ok but no database is shown to be connected. Maybe I did incorrectly. Anyone can help I appreciate. Thanks

Phillip

Problem: The install has detected that the primary IP address of the system is DHCP-assigned.
Recommendation: Oracle supports installations on systems with DHCP-assigned IP addresses; However, before you can do this, you must configure the Microsoft LoopBack Adapter to be the primary network adapter on the system. See the Installation Guide for more details on installing the software on systems configured with DHCP.
Previous Topic: Script File execution
Next Topic: handling errors in batch file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:29:38 CDT 2024