Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » star schema to denormalized table
star schema to denormalized table [message #372059] Mon, 08 January 2001 13:22 Go to next message
meena
Hi,

I have a star schema with say, 10 tables. I have to create a denormalized table( by stretching the arms and legs of the star schema and creating horribly long rows)from this star schema. I also have to load the data from the star schema into the demormalized table.

Can anyone tell me the simplest way of doing this?
Thanks!
Meena
Re: star schema to denormalized table ( create table as ...) [message #372061 is a reply to message #372059] Mon, 08 January 2001 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew again...
Once you have the query you have settled on, simply do the following:
create table my_denorm_tab as (select...);

Be sure to name the any columns where you have used functions to manipulate the column. e.g. select to_char(date_col) Date_Col, ...

You might also want to take a look at Materialized Views
star schema to denormalized table [message #373543 is a reply to message #372059] Mon, 23 April 2001 02:34 Go to previous message
virkam
meena i think its easy task select all the columns from the entire schema and give where condition where you are equalizing foreign keys of fact table with primary keys of dimention tables and run the query.
Previous Topic: help joining 3 tables with filtering records
Next Topic: Translate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 02:23:02 CDT 2024