Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Order Type for Item Demo - Help Required (Oracle EBS Ver. 12.0.4)
Order Type for Item Demo - Help Required [message #378470] Tue, 30 December 2008 09:52 Go to next message
prasad.dhanakodi
Hi Gurus,

My client has a specific requirement of capturing items issued in Demo terms to their customers. The business process is that they issue an item, say a new photocopier to the customer for 15 days as demo. If the customer is satisfied, he will confirm that he buys the photocopier. And if he do not want it he returns it back. The requirement to be captured is that:
a. A separate Order Management Transaction Type to be created (ex. Demo Issues)
b. Whenever an item is issued through this sales order type, the COGS to be hit should be a different account, like a Items on Demo account. It should not hit the normal COGS account as this is not considered as sales.
c. When the customer accepts the item, then need to do a RMA to take the item back to the inventory (virtually) and create a normal sales order and follow shipping. And if the customer returns it back, then only a RMA to be done. When doing RMA, it has to again credit the Items on Loan account the debit the Inventory.
d. A report to be made in order to show a statement of items sent on Demo and received back.

This is the requirement of the client. Can you please suggest me on
1. How to configure the account generator or SLA to hit the Items on Loan account instead of the normal COGS account for this specific transaction type.
2. Is there any other better way of capturing the above business process in Order Management?

Waiting for your suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Prasad Dhanakodi
Re: Order Type for Item Demo - Help Required [message #378736 is a reply to message #378470] Thu, 01 January 2009 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jayaharan76

Hi,

This is a normal scenario in sales and distribution cycle.

Normally Item COGS will be captured from the Item definition (MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_B) during shipping transactions(interface trip stop).

If you want some other COGS account for the particular order type
1) do the customization for the COGS account through work flow builder. through flex-builder rules

you can define the COGS in the following forms
1) Org parameters
2) Item definition
3) Order Type
4) Sales Person

2) set the appropriate value in the account generator process
INV > Setup > Flexfields > Key > Accounts
Window named Account Generator Processess will open
OM : Generate Cost of Goods Sold Account:
Generate Account Using FlexBuilder Rules

3) set the appropriate COGS account in Transaction Type (Order Type) Definition.

4) test the scenario and check the COGS account in material disrtibution

Suppose if you don't want the receivable invoice for the particular order type.. use the Ship Only Workflow for the line

Pls reply to me if you have any further clarifications needed

Thanks
jayaharan76@yahoo.com

• Attachment: OM COGS.JPG
    (Size: 134.63KB, Downloaded 812 times)
Re: Order Type for Item Demo - Help Required [message #378779 is a reply to message #378736] Thu, 01 January 2009 13:47 Go to previous message
prasad.dhanakodi
Hi Jayaharan,

I will try this option and let you know the outcome. Thanks a lot for helping me.

Best Regards,
Prasad
Previous Topic: menu
Next Topic: OM credit hold
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 00:05:11 CDT 2024