Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » EM Configured Backup JOB Problem (Oracle 10g (10.2.0.1.0),Windows Server 2003, 64 bit)
EM Configured Backup JOB Problem [message #387345] Wed, 18 February 2009 22:57 Go to next message
rizimazhar

Hello everybody

I dont have Grid control installed anywhere.

I configured an oracle backup job from 10g datababase control (EM). [EM--->maintenance--->Schedule Backup]

That job is running fine since last many months. Now i need to change the time for backup. So i need to create another job and delete this job.

Problem is that my backup job is running but i am unable to locate(view) this job anywhere. Its not viewable even in jobs section. The job is however running fine and backing up my database properly.

Question: How can i locate and delete this job permanently?
please help
Re: EM Configured Backup JOB Problem [message #387347 is a reply to message #387345] Wed, 18 February 2009 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rizimazhar

Anohter important thing is that the EM ---> Maintenance ---> Backup Reports, section is also showing backups as succeeded.
Re: EM Configured Backup JOB Problem [message #387357 is a reply to message #387345] Wed, 18 February 2009 23:50 Go to previous message
rizimazhar

Not only relied over this forum, but i found solution in another link

http://husnusensoy.wordpress.com/2008/06/10/removing-em-scheduled-backup/

Removing EM Scheduled Backup
Filed under: Oracle -- kocakahin @ 11:18 pm

Recently, we have integrated our new DWH database with Oracle Grid Manager. We schedule and control the RMAN backups of our all databases from a centric location (Grid Control) for ease of management. However first I need to do is to remove the previously scheduled Oracle Suggested Backup from the EM Database control not to duplicate backup jobs. After searching for a while I couldn't find a place in Database Control to remove my scheduled backup job by just clicking:). Then I choose the SQL*Plus way of solving the problem.

MGMT_JOB vs DBA_SCHEDULER_JOBS
As all you may know, by 10g Oracle changes its built-in package used to create scheduled jobs from DBMS_JOBS to DBMS_SCHEDULER. Under the Administration tab, EM allows us to create/modify/remove scheduled jobs in a very easy way. Also EM allows us to create scheduled RMAN backups using the graphical EM interface(under Maintenance tab). Although both are scheduled jobs, you can not see a job for RMAN backup in DBA_SCHEDULER_JOBS view after you have scheduled it. But rather you need to look at SYSMAN.MGMT_JOB table.

In conclusion, Oracle just choose not to mix up its own EM jobs with any other user jobs.

Getting rid of the Oracle Suggested Backup Job
Once you query the SYSMAN.MGMT_JOB, you will find out that there is a backup job with job_name something like 'BACKUP_<SID>_<SOMEID>'. You can ensure this by checking the job_description column. Once you find it removing it is easy. Run the following lines from your SQL*Plus console

begin
sysman.mgmt_jobs.stop_all_executions('BACKUP_DDS_000067','SYS');
sysman.mgmt_jobs.delete_job('BACKUP_DDS_000067','SYS');
end;
/
commit;

2 Comments »

your information is correct. You can, however, see an EM scheduled backup under the RELATED LINKS > Jobs link at the bottom of the page, and you can delete the jobs.

There is a liablity with this approach. When The backups created under the Maintenance tab that get put into mgmt_job only execute if dbconsole ir running. So if you reboot your box, you need to ensure dbconsole gets started.

Comment by G -- September 30, 2008 @ 8:34 pm

Once I have experienced this problem, I was using EM Database Control not the Grid Control in 10g. As far as I remember "Related Links" link is only available in Grid Control till 11g(not sure but it must be in Database Control 11g).
In Grid Control I exactly use your way of doing the job.
Thanks,
Hüsnü

Anyhow thanks everybody
Previous Topic: EM Related Alerts
Next Topic: Create enterprise manager repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:33:20 CDT 2024