Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » bank account creation (r12)
bank account creation [message #406406] Wed, 03 June 2009 21:04 Go to next message
bananaman
Hi! I'm trying to setup bank account for AR and CM. According to the user guide, it says to enter Bank Account Owner. When I check the list of values, there is none in the list. Where can I find or create the Bank Account Owner (the legal entity that owns the account)? Also, what is the use of legal entity in the Ledger that you create?
Re: bank account creation [message #406654 is a reply to message #406406] Fri, 05 June 2009 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cnubandi
Hi ,

Please follow the below steps to complete Bank Account Creation Process.

1) Login as System Administrator
2) Select User Management responsibility
3) Select Roles and Role Inheritance menu function
4) Create (or query an existing) Role.
5) Click Security Wizards button and Run Wizard - CE UMX Security wizard
6) Click Add Legal Entities button, select your LEs and check Use, Maintenance and Bank Account Transfers to reflect the activities for this Role.
7)Apply

Regards,
Bandi
Re: bank account creation [message #406664 is a reply to message #406654] Fri, 05 June 2009 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bananaman
It seems like you got your suggestion from metalink. I've seen that solution but I barely understand the steps because the windows that should be used is not specified. Upon logging in as SysAd, I used the path Security > Responsibility > Define. Then from the Responsibilities window, I queried for the 'User Management' responsibility. From there, I got the menu 'User Management : Top Level Menu'. I exited from that window and go to 'Menus' window of the same responsibility then queried for the said menu. I've seen the list of submenus and function of that menu and one of those has the prompt 'Roles & Role Inheritance'. I don't know what to do with that. Can you elaborate more the steps for me to get it right?
Thanks.
Re: bank account creation [message #406669 is a reply to message #406664] Fri, 05 June 2009 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Guys!!
Please don't put the information here from Metalink.
If you want to give the reference, give the link or the Note ID.

By
Vamsi

PS: I'm not sure whether the above is taken from Metalink or not.
If so, let me know the reference, so that I can delete the content and put the note or link reference.
Re: bank account creation [message #406939 is a reply to message #406669] Sun, 07 June 2009 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bananaman
Here is the document id for this topic 415529.1. I need help regarding this. Somebody please tell me how to do it right by providing more detailed steps to fix this. Thanks.
Re: bank account creation [message #408253 is a reply to message #406406] Mon, 15 June 2009 07:59 Go to previous message
tgs100
If you are still facing this issue, you may follow the follwoing steps.

Login as sysadmin user and go to User management

Click Roles and Roles Inheritance Menu

Step1 - Create a Role
======================

Click on Create 'Role'

Category - Miscellaneous
Role Code - Bank Account Creation-Demo
Display name - Bank Account Creation-Demo
Description - Bank Account Creation-Demo
Application - Bank Account Creation-Demo
Active From - 01-Jan-2009

Click on "Security Wizards' and 'Save and Proceed'

Two lines will be displayed now.

Click on 'Run Wizard' icon against the name 'CE UMX Security wizard'.

Click on 'Add Legal Entities' (it will open a new search window)

Now search the legal entities and select appropriate LE

Check all the three checkboxes (Use, maintenance and Bank Account Transfers)

Click 'Apply' button.

---------------------------
Now you need to attach this role to the users

Step 2
======

Go to Users Tab

Query the User

Click 'Update' button

Click 'Assign Roles'

Search the role created in step 1

Select the role, give justification name and active from date and then apply.

Now login with the user for which access is given.

----------------
Cheers,
Sara

Previous Topic: Base & Interface Tables
Next Topic: frm-40735: WHEN-CREATE-RECORD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 23 14:54:51 CDT 2024