Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » XML Publisher report - FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST - No PDF Output (Oracle Applications : 11.5.10.2)
XML Publisher report - FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST - No PDF Output [message #409452] Mon, 22 June 2009 15:26 Go to next message
thePITman
I have a custom Oracle Form that submits a request for a concurrent program. The program is an XML Publisher report with PDF output. The concurrent program completes without error; but when I click "View Output," I get the "Unable to find the published output for this request" and "No output file exists for request #" errors.

If I submit the concurrent request manually by going to "Submit a New Request" and such, it works fine. Only when being submitted via the form does it have an issue. Please help, thanks!

Here is a sample of my code:

v_set_print := FND_REQUEST.SET_PRINT_OPTIONS(FND_PROFILE.VALUE('Printer'),'','',TRUE,'');

IF v_set_print = FALSE THEN
  FND_MESSAGE.RETRIEVE;
  FND_MESSAGE.ERROR;
  --MESSAGE('ERROR: Set Print Options did not submit successfully.');PAUSE;
END IF;

v_req_id := FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST(application_short_name,
                                       conc_program_short_name,
                                       conc_program_description,
                                       NULL,
                                       FALSE,
                                      :HEADER_BLOCK.FIELD_NAME,
                                      '','','','','','','','','',
                                      '','','','','','','','','','',
                                      '','','','','','','','','','');

IF v_req_id = 0 THEN
  FND_MESSAGE.RETRIEVE;
  FND_MESSAGE.ERROR;
  --MESSAGE('ERROR: Statement of Invoie XML Publisher Report did not submit successfully.');PAUSE;

END IF;
Re: XML Publisher report - FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST - No PDF Output [message #409564 is a reply to message #409452] Tue, 23 June 2009 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I suggest searching this forum for 'FND_REQUEST'. Look at the entries that have been posted and perhaps PM or email the OP of those posts to see if they can help you.

David
Re: XML Publisher report - FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST - No PDF Output [message #410242 is a reply to message #409452] Thu, 25 June 2009 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thePITman
My issue has been resolved. When submitting the request via the Oracle Form (as opposed to submitting a manual concurrent request), there was no Layout attached to the request. Here are the steps I had to follow:

1. First you must declare the variable

xml_layout boolean;

2. Then you must call the ADD_LAYOUT API prior to submitting your Concurrent Program.

xml_layout := FND_REQUEST.ADD_LAYOUT(app_short_name,
                                     conc_prog_short_name,
                                     'en',
                                     'US',
                                     'PDF');

Courtesy Metalink Document ID: 308658.1

[Updated on: Thu, 25 June 2009 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: XML Publisher report - FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST - No PDF Output [message #410289 is a reply to message #410242] Fri, 26 June 2009 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I have no idea what you are talking about or doing, but thanks very much for getting back to us with the solution.

David
Re: XML Publisher report - FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST - No PDF Output [message #410309 is a reply to message #410242] Fri, 26 June 2009 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Glad you have resolved the issue.
But do you think you need to put commit after the call to "FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST"?

By
Vamsi
Re: XML Publisher report - FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST - No PDF Output [message #410457 is a reply to message #410309] Sat, 27 June 2009 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kittu915
Hi Vamsi,
Yeah you are right.... i think we need to Commit in the form

Kittu.
Re: XML Publisher report - FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST - No PDF Output [message #411006 is a reply to message #410309] Wed, 01 July 2009 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thePITman
vamsi kasina wrote on Fri, 26 June 2009 01:35
Glad you have resolved the issue.
But do you think you need to put commit after the call to "FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST"?

By
Vamsi

Yes, I have a COMMIT; statement after the call to SUBMIT_REQUEST. The request itself was always being submitted successfully, it just didn't have a Layout added to it, so I had to manually call ADD_LAYOUT prior to submitting the request.
Re: XML Publisher report - FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST - No PDF Output [message #411016 is a reply to message #411006] Wed, 01 July 2009 08:34 Go to previous message
vamsi kasina
Good!
Never mind...

By
Vamsi
Previous Topic: Is there a seeded Cheque Writer report in Apps?
Next Topic: Retreiving Intercompany payment info from SLA distributions table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 23 14:14:31 CDT 2024