Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » User-Defined Exception in arp_auto_rule .create_distributions
User-Defined Exception in arp_auto_rule .create_distributions [message #409583] Tue, 23 June 2009 03:44 Go to next message
rak007
I am using the following code snippet in a report(without anonymous block ofcourse)
declare
lines number;
 begin
dbms_output.put_line('lines value before: ' || lines);  
lines := arp_auto_rule.create_distributions( :p_commit_at_end     																					 ,:p_debug_flag     																					 ,NULL      																					 ,'N'  																					 ,'N'																			 );
dbms_output.put_line('lines value after: ' || lines);
 exception
  when others then
       dbms_output.put_line('Error is: ' || SQLERRM);
end;			

Here 'lines' is defined as a number as the function return a number.
Now if i run this in a anonymous block with the first two values as 'N' it runs fine and gives the following output

lines value before: 
lines value after: 0

Now if i used the same API call in report i get the following error

lines value before: 
Error is: User-Defined Exception

Re: User-Defined Exception in arp_auto_rule .create_distributions [message #409588 is a reply to message #409583] Tue, 23 June 2009 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Next time you post code can you format it properly so it's not five screens wide please.

arp_auto_rule.create_distributions is rasing an exception.
Without knowing what code it contains I really can't say any more except you should check all the parameter values being passed by the report to see if they are what you think they are.
Re: User-Defined Exception in arp_auto_rule .create_distributions [message #409600 is a reply to message #409583] Tue, 23 June 2009 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rak007
^^ sorry for the formatting. next time i will ensure it is proper. I am not able to edit the post else would have changed it.

As i have told, i am able to run using the same set of parameters in toad but not when the concurrent program is run which is based on a report.
Re: User-Defined Exception in arp_auto_rule .create_distributions [message #410391 is a reply to message #409600] Fri, 26 June 2009 14:58 Go to previous message
vamsi kasina
Is your concurrent program having an executable as "Stored Procedure"?
What is the signature of the procedure?
What are the values you are passing as the parameters to the concurrent program?

By
Vamsi
Previous Topic: how to join ap_invoices_all,ap_invoice_payments _all,ap_checks_all,jai_ap_tds_payments_all
Next Topic: per_accrual_calc_functions.get_net_accrual error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 23 14:24:54 CDT 2024