Home » Other » General » Difference between 'Oracle Data Guard' and 'Oracle Active Data Guard' (11g R2, Enterprise Edition)
Difference between 'Oracle Data Guard' and 'Oracle Active Data Guard' [message #445269] Sat, 27 February 2010 05:06 Go to next message
jimit_shaili
Dear Friends

As in context of licensing oracle 11g database, i searched on the oracle sites get little beat confused about oracle data guard feature. As i understand Oracle Data Guard feature is included in Enterprise license(Physical Standby Database on a different machine which need not to have another license),but oracle active data guard is purchased with extra cost option and it also require separate license. I want to know, is there any difference between 'Oracle Data Guard' and 'Oracle Active Data Guard'.

Regards

Jimit
Re: Difference between 'Oracle Data Guard' and 'Oracle Active Data Guard' [message #445270 is a reply to message #445269] Sat, 27 February 2010 06:28 Go to previous message
John Watson
If I understood Oracle licensing, I would be a salesman (and rich) instead of a technician. But I do know that you are making an awful mistake: you MUST license the machine where you are running your physical standby. Dataguard is included in the EE (Enterprise Edition) license, but every machine in the DG configuration must be licensed.
Active DG is separately licensed, on top of EE. It is the feature that lets you open a physical standby read only while it is being recovered. I'm not sure how this works: whether you have to license every machine in the DG config, or only the physical standby machine.
Better talk to your Oracle account manager.
Previous Topic: Building Web 2.0 UIs with JSF, Realtime Updates with JSF and Ajax Push Taught at GIDS 2010
Next Topic: Oracle Documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:29:10 CDT 2024