Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Is that possible to install Oracle XE on fedora 8 ?? (Fedora 8 Linux 64 - Bit)
icon4.gif  Is that possible to install Oracle XE on fedora 8 ?? [message #458673] Tue, 01 June 2010 03:40 Go to next message
vijaytrendz

Hi all, i really fedup in installing oracle XE 32 bit version on our production server.When i try to install i barfs with some strange errors i googled for that nothing helped me a bit Sad .
The errors are as follows, cpio: MD5 sum mismatch is the first error i think this error is because of file corrupted in that archive even then i tried with fresh installation copy that also barfed with same error.Then i tried to install without MD5 support via rpm command it says "bad magic".. Please suggest some good solution for this guys...Thanks in advance..
Re: Is that possible to install Oracle XE on fedora 8 ?? [message #458696 is a reply to message #458673] Tue, 01 June 2010 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Documentation says that it can be installed on the following Linux operating systems:
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL3 and RHEL4
  • Suse SLES-9
  • Fedora Core 4
  • Red Flag DC Server 5.0/MIRACLE LINUX V4.0/Haansoft Linux 2006 Server (Asianux 2.0 Inside)
  • Debian 3.1

Is your operating system listed in here?
Re: Is that possible to install Oracle XE on fedora 8 ?? [message #458764 is a reply to message #458696] Tue, 01 June 2010 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkounalis
Fedora releases were never meant to be used in a production manner - why on earth would you use Fedora 8 for a production box? Regardless, it would seem that there is an issue with your install files. Oracle gives you the MD5 checksum for the download files so that you can see if what you downloaded is good or not.

Littlefoot - the documentation does say that Fedora Core 4 is required - but what I am not sure of is if the 'minimum' version of Fedora is 4 or if only 4 is 'legal'.
Re: Is that possible to install Oracle XE on fedora 8 ?? [message #458770 is a reply to message #458764] Tue, 01 June 2010 14:54 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I wouldn't know. I never used any Linux, so - no Oracle on Linux either. That's just what I've read in the documentation.
Previous Topic: How to schedule cron job?
Next Topic: Linux distros used in Enterprise companies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:29:53 CDT 2024