Home » Other » General » General Architecture Info. (Oracle 9i.2, Windows. )
General Architecture Info. [message #476618] Fri, 24 September 2010 03:48 Go to next message
muktha_22
Hi,

please clarify my below basic doubts.
(I've read many Documents, but still need a confirmation)

Eg - My Sql statement is SELECT * FROM DEPT;

1) Now a implicit cursor is created inside the Shared SQL AREA.

2) Now this SQL statement should check whether the same query was already Parsed or not. If it was already parsed then get the answer from BUFFER CACHE. After this steps, the cursor automatically gets closed.
Now where the new SQL statements checks for the existing PARSED query in the SHARED SQL AREA? Is there any exclusive area like HEADER in control file?

3) If the query was already not Parsed then OPTIMIZER will choose, how to execute the statement.

4) Then 'server process' search the relevant Datablock from the Datafile, and placed them inside the Data Buffer Cache.
Will the Buffer Cache store ALL the relevant Datablocks.? (if yes will this also stored the Datablock of Index also)? Or it will store the relevant Data only into the Buffer Cache?

Thanks in advance
Re: General Architecture Info. [message #476622 is a reply to message #476618] Fri, 24 September 2010 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Quote:
Now this SQL statement should check whether the same query was already Parsed or not. If it was already parsed then get the answer from BUFFER CACHE. After this steps, the cursor automatically gets closed.
From which of the "many documents" did these statements come? How did you reach this interpretation?
Re: General Architecture Info. [message #476625 is a reply to message #476622] Fri, 24 September 2010 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muktha_22
Hi John,

It is my assumption and ofcourse before taking decision b/w HARD PARSING and SOFT PARSING the Sql statement must check, am I right?

please correct me, where i'm wrong.

Thanks
Re: General Architecture Info. [message #476626 is a reply to message #476625] Fri, 24 September 2010 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
No, you aren't right. That's why I wondered what docs you had read. May I suggest attending the Oracle Uni Workshop 1 course, where your tacher will explain what happens during the parse-bind-execute-fetch cycle.
Re: General Architecture Info. [message #476627 is a reply to message #476625] Fri, 24 September 2010 04:44 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Please read from cover to cover Database Concepts and no more assume something.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: 10.1.0.2 software
Next Topic: About Execution Plan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:32:08 CDT 2024