Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Backup Job Scheduling problem in oracle 11g
Backup Job Scheduling problem in oracle 11g [message #486693] Sat, 18 December 2010 17:16 Go to next message
kvikaskohli
Hi Gurus,

I need your help,

Actually i am facing a problem on production server in which OS is Windows Server 2008 , Oracle 11.0.1.0

Data is approx 9GB.

What i do is previously i Schedule a backup job in OEM for 2 times full backup, in that schedule job is running on time and after completeion it executed sucessfully. but due to seme change in Backup policy i change the scheduling and remove the old one but now whenever i try to schedule autobackup the job starts on time but after no of hrs the schedule execution still show job is running , as my data backup is coming properly to the specified location which is not flash_recover_manager. One thing more my SYSTEM tablespace is approx 92.8 % full and may be this is the problem or controlf file sizeing may be the problem but i am not sure. Can u please tell me can i add datafile to system tablespace to increase its size while db is up or change control file size & how. One thing more , when i try the same scheduling steps on my local machine or any other machine scheduling is done fine and it shows suceeded after completion.

At present i am not able to post snapshot of alertfile or pfile.

Can somebody facing the similar scenerio help me out.

please help me as i am in need so much

Thanks in advance

Re: Backup Job Scheduling problem in oracle 11g [message #486694 is a reply to message #486693] Sat, 18 December 2010 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
ALTER TABLESPACE SYSTEM ADD DATAFILE '/u02/oracle/oradata/system02.dbf' SIZE 250M ;
Re: Backup Job Scheduling problem in oracle 11g [message #486702 is a reply to message #486693] Sun, 19 December 2010 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k.vikaskohli
Thanks for your reply.

But can u tell me is this because of SYSTEM tablespace or due to any other cause.

Please reply me with complete explanation so that i make my conecpts clear. And wheather my problem is sorted out with this becoz i have to troubleshott this problem on production server.

Waiting for your reply
Re: Backup Job Scheduling problem in oracle 11g [message #486714 is a reply to message #486702] Sun, 19 December 2010 08:10 Go to previous message
John Watson
You need to determine whether RMAN is actually doing anything. Run a query such as this
select opname,target,sofar,totalwork,elapsed_seconds,time_remaining
from v$session_longops
where sid in (select sid from v$session where program like '%rman%')
and time_remaining > 0
/

a few times while RMAN is running, on both databases.
You also need to determine if RMAN is hanging, and if so why:
select event, seconds_in_wait from v$session where program like '%rman%' and wait_time=0;

But don't just run the queries and hope, read up on the definition of the views first so that you can explain what you see.
Previous Topic: Can`t configure Enterprise Manager 11g R2
Next Topic: unable to connect to enterprise manager console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:28:47 CDT 2024