Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OEM login page spins and OEM never opens (11gR2 on OEL 5.4)
OEM login page spins and OEM never opens [message #501691] Wed, 30 March 2011 13:08 Go to next message
lhollis
I have a RAC cluster with several databases on it. One of my DB's, when starting the OEM in Internet Explorer, will never open the HOME page. I get the login page, and enter sys/password > SYSDBA. The progress bar on the bottom of browser will slowly move for a period of time, then I get the infamous 404 screen. dbconsole IS started...even stopped and restarted....

Thinking I need to drop and recreate the OEM repository using emca....have the commands to use oin a standalone world, but need some pointers for RAC world.

Thanks in advance.
Re: OEM login page spins and OEM never opens [message #501693 is a reply to message #501691] Wed, 30 March 2011 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I have a RAC cluster
redundant redundant

>have the commands to use oin a standalone world, but need some pointers for RAC world.
OEM is NOT RAC aware

default behavior is OEM only handles a single DB
Re: OEM login page spins and OEM never opens [message #501710 is a reply to message #501693] Wed, 30 March 2011 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lhollis
Sorry Blackswan if my redundancy violated any of your sensitivities...Yes I know that R(eal)A(pplication)C(luster) cluster is redundant, but the sarcasm is really not appropriate.

As far as your next statement that OEM is NOT RAC aware, I hate to tell you that you are ABSOLUTELTY wrong. I have 3 other databases (RAC) running on the same nodes and it is extremely relevant that THEIR OEM's are RAC aware and I am able to look at the cluster and or the database and or each individual instance from OEM. It does only run on 1 physical node at a time, but it does know about all instances and the CLUSTER itself.

Oh and I have 4 other clusters with multiple databases that also seem to work. Just this one database that is having issues. So, please keep your sarcasm and incorrect answers to yourself next time. Thanks

Shocked
Re: OEM login page spins and OEM never opens [message #501787 is a reply to message #501710] Thu, 31 March 2011 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lhollis
So Blackswan I need to amend my last message.

You are correct in the part of your statement that says OEM (Datbase Control) only handles 1 DATABASE. However, the part of your statement that OEM is not cluster aware is incorrect.

If you want to handle more than 1 DATABASE from a single screen, you need Grid Control.

But OEM Database Control is very much cluster aware and you can manage the entire cluster (database - all instances) and some of the OS cluster functions from OEM Database Control.

Thanks
Re: OEM login page spins and OEM never opens [message #501788 is a reply to message #501787] Thu, 31 March 2011 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
EM maintains a logs file that may contain clues to assist you in solving the mystery.
Re: OEM login page spins and OEM never opens [message #501928 is a reply to message #501788] Fri, 01 April 2011 08:57 Go to previous message
lhollis
You are so correct. Oracle maintains a log for just about everything and reading them and understanding them sometimes takes their analysts who usually look up keywords in their internal 'help' database.

But again thanks for the reply. I can see why you have an average of nearly 18 posts a day on this forum. Hopefully they are all as helpful and precise to others as they have been to my question. But I guess that since this IS the Oracle FAQ's web site and my post doesn't seem to be a Frequently Asked Question, (I did do a search), then I should not have presumed to expect a helpful answer.

Again, I only hope that others have found your replies as helpful as I have.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 April 2011 08:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Change hostname in new instance of R12
Next Topic: EM connection problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:37:22 CDT 2024