Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Truncate all tables in database-- in short remove all the data.
Truncate all tables in database-- in short remove all the data. [message #51544] Wed, 29 May 2002 17:04 Go to next message
Vidyalakshmi Iyer
Hi,
My company is closing down. So we have to uninstall oracle. which we do not know how..so we are going to remove all the data from the database. so we have to truncate all tables in the database.
is there a drop database command?
i thought of removing all the database files..after shutting down oracle that would surely remove all the data ..but i do not think that is the best way to do it..
it would be great if someone could tell me which is the best way to do it.

Thanks in advance,

With Warm Regards,
Vidya
Reply [message #51548 is a reply to message #51544] Thu, 30 May 2002 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yram
hi

You can drop u r database.

so shutdown the database. u go the folder where u r control file,log files,data files are located.

find the folder and drop the folder,

after this go the registery and search for the name of the oracle and delete all the folder which starts with oracle and install the oracle.

take into the consideration that u can't uninstall the oracle software it is one of the method to do it.

try it

hope u will get success or mail me

regards
yram
Re: Reply [message #51549 is a reply to message #51544] Thu, 30 May 2002 03:51 Go to previous message
Vidyalakshmi Iyer
Hi,
Thanks Shall do that today and write to you how it went..
Thanks again.
Regards,
Vidya
Previous Topic: Creating Datafiles
Next Topic: Re: Truncate all tables in database-- in short remove all the data.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 02:05:59 CDT 2024