Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Enterprise edition & PO
Enterprise edition & PO [message #51780] Thu, 13 June 2002 03:58 Go to next message
Quisar Raza
I want to know what are the differences between Oracle enterprise edition and Personal Oracle in detail.
Where does Personal oracal really fails.
Re: Enterprise edition & PO [message #51791 is a reply to message #51780] Thu, 13 June 2002 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
Oracle Personal Edition and Oracle8i Enterprise Edition are the same product. There are only licensing issues. Personal Edition is a single user database that includes all the same features as Enterprise Edition since it is typically used to design/develop applications for an enterprise environment.

Check the "Getting to Know Oracle8i" for the matrix of options included in each product component/option included with Personal, Standard and Enterprise Editions. Personal is listed as Workstation in this documentation.

The only one thig which the Oracle Personal Edition does not have is the multi-master replication and parallel query options.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our web site [url=http://www.dbaclick.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi]Click Here

Re: Enterprise edition & PO [message #51794 is a reply to message #51780] Thu, 13 June 2002 12:54 Go to previous message
Sanjay Bajracharya
I wouldn't say that 'it is the same except for licensing issues'. Correct term would be to say that the engine is the same. The EE versions will have some high end features like partitions and otheres, while PO will not.

In fact they have Standard Edition also, apart from EE and PO.
Previous Topic: Column of varchar2(4000)
Next Topic: Cursor Values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 01:59:26 CDT 2024