Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » URGENT !! ora-04045 error for sys.cdc_create_ctable
URGENT !! ora-04045 error for sys.cdc_create_ctable [message #52083] Tue, 02 July 2002 02:18 Go to next message
santosh
Hello Friends,
I have already posted this message yesterday but not received any replies. I am hoping somebody solve my problem.
Accidently for curiosity somebody run catalog.sql and catproc.sql on oracle server.(Server is oracle 9i on linux platform). Since then none of the user including system and sys is able to create or alter any object including table,veiw,user and so on
everytime i get the error as follows
create or replace
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04045: errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.CDC_CREATE_CTABLE_BEF
ORE
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at line 2
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at line 2

At the same time select * from tab select * from dict gives following error
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00980: synonym translation is no longer valid

I tried to execute catalog.sql and catproc.sql using sys as sysdba login as per the previous forum discussions but it didnt help me. Moreover while execution of the scripts itself the same error occurs .
If somebody has solution for this plz let me know on my email id.
Re: URGENT !! ora-04045 error for sys.cdc_create_ctable [message #52085 is a reply to message #52083] Tue, 02 July 2002 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
hello!
i beleive there a parameter that needs to be set to false
_SYSTEM_TRIG_ENABLED=FALSE.
while Performing any maintainence operation, which requires catalog or catproc to be run you should set the hidden init.ora parameter _SYSTEM_TRIG_ENABLED to
FALSE before starting the instance under Oracle8i/9i.

so add the lines below to the init.ora file used to start the instance then stop and restart the instance before performing the maintenance actions.
run your catproc or catalog etc.

# Disable system triggers for the duration of
# the maintenance operation.

_SYSTEM_TRIG_ENABLED=FALSE

THEN: This parameter must be commented out and the instance re-started once the required maintenance operations have been performed.
Re: URGENT !! ora-04045 error for sys.cdc_create_ctable [message #52110 is a reply to message #52083] Tue, 02 July 2002 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
santosh
Hi Mahesh,
Let me first Thank you very much for your kind help to solve my problem. I am very greatful to your kind help. I am now very much relaxed as my server in again back in action. As per your suggestion i put the _system_trig_enabled=false in init.ora file and restarted server and run the catalog.sql and catproc.sql scripts they run very fine without any errors.
Now only one problem is there with my system.And i need further clarification from you on it if u wish to.
I connected to the oracle after running the scripts and it work absolutely fine as normal. But as u suggested that the system trig has to enable again . I commented the _system_trig_enabled=false in init.ora file and restarted the server. But unfortunately the error came back again while executing the create or alter commands .
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04045: errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.CDC_CREATE_CTABLE_BEFORE

For time being again i made the system trigger disabled and the error again gone.
Now the doubt in my mind is that what if i keep system triggers disabled forever? Does it harmful to my system in future. If u have any suggestion over this plz let me know it.
Regards
Santy
Re: URGENT !! ora-04045 error for sys.cdc_create_ctable [message #53298 is a reply to message #52083] Wed, 11 September 2002 06:19 Go to previous message
Oleg
hi
ORA 00980 occurs when a synonym name has been used and the target does not exist

hope this help
Oleg.
Previous Topic: ora 00313
Next Topic: memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:51:06 CDT 2024