Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle DBF help
Oracle DBF help [message #587433] Fri, 14 June 2013 14:41 Go to next message
darkyei
I have a big problem .

One of my client send me some files to install them to his Oracle server but as a new user in oracle I am not sure how to do that. What I've recieved are this files :

DRSYS01.DBF
INDX01.DBF
SYSTEM01.DBF
TEMP01.DBF
TOOLS01.DBF
UNDOTBS01.DBF
USERS01.DBF
XDB01.DBF

And if helps , those files are dated at 2007 (maybe do I need another version or Oracle?)

I've googled for those files and what I get is that maybe files are from Acess , Are I am right?

I've hexed the files and in top of them they have this hex

6D6C6B6A1635 >>> mlkj.5

And In some parts of the files(hexing) are references to Oracle , so I dont know if It's Acess or Oracle. I've also tried to import the files using Navicat

But the result was just not as expected because all tables where nulled and with all columns the same name (from f1-fx)

That's all I know . Thanks you for your help

Re: Oracle DBF help [message #587435 is a reply to message #587433] Fri, 14 June 2013 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not a DBA, but - to me - these files look like Oracle data files (index, system, temporary, undo, users and something I don't recognize). The fact that they date in 2007 means that these files can belong to any Oracle version, up to current 11g (which was released in 2007). Which one exactly, I wouldn't know and I have no idea whether that information can be extracted from the files themselves. If you knew, I suppose that some smart people here know how to restore a database from these files - I don't.

However, I wonder how come your client chose you for that task, as you know close to nothing about Oracle?
Re: Oracle DBF help [message #587439 is a reply to message #587435] Fri, 14 June 2013 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkyei
Littlefoot wrote on Fri, 14 June 2013 15:08
I'm not a DBA, but - to me - these files look like Oracle data files (index, system, temporary, undo, users and something I don't recognize). The fact that they date in 2007 means that these files can belong to any Oracle version, up to current 11g (which was released in 2007). Which one exactly, I wouldn't know and I have no idea whether that information can be extracted from the files themselves. If you knew, I suppose that some smart people here know how to restore a database from these files - I don't.

However, I wonder how come your client chose you for that task, as you know close to nothing about Oracle?

Yeah , you are right , I just jump in a problem where I should not be .

As a Update I can say that I've downloaded "Stellar Phoenix Oracle Recovery" . And it seems to load data well
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4496/d2g.png
http://i.imgur.com/GCqI80m.png

Oracle 9I?

Now problem is that that software is just a trial and is a little bit expensive. Maybe there is any other tool you know?

Thanks!
Re: Oracle DBF help [message #587442 is a reply to message #587439] Fri, 14 June 2013 15:35 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
9i, eh? You're somewhat out of luck because - you can't get that version from OTN Download section because 9i is now desupported. You might try to contact Oracle and ask them to provide that piece of software for you, but that'll work only if you have a valid contract with Oracle. Otherwise ... re-read what I said about bad luck.

I'm unfamiliar with the tool you used, and I don't know any other tool. As I previously said, I *think* that it is possible to restore a database from its data files (no idea what about missing control and/or redo log files). Hopefully, someone smarter than me will hop in.
Previous Topic: Create Database & performances
Next Topic: Oracle 10g installation asking for product.xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:41:51 CDT 2024