Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Logging into the SQL Plus
Logging into the SQL Plus [message #53127] Wed, 28 August 2002 12:34 Go to next message
rajiv rajak
HI!
there i have laoded Oracle client in my laptop.
I wanted to practice SQl commands in SQL Plus but what is the default loginname and password and teh hoststring that i need to give so as to enter it.
I tried scott tiger which i ahd used when i had learnt oracle.CUrrently i have Oracle8i loaded in my laptop.
Please help me out!!!
Re: Logging into the SQL Plus [message #53130 is a reply to message #53127] Wed, 28 August 2002 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
The other passwords are :

SYSTEM/MANAGER
SYS/CHANGE_ON_INSTALL

Both accounts have DBA role, so you can create any additional user account and grant roles to it.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: Logging into the SQL Plus [message #53134 is a reply to message #53127] Wed, 28 August 2002 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Helena
Do you have the right SID? and the server name, if you do it should not be any trouble for connecting to the database using sqlplus, when you did the configuration did you choose to test it, if you did not go back and try again, if still not working get the correct server name, port number, sid and username and password
good luck
Helena
Re: Logging into the SQL Plus [message #53168 is a reply to message #53127] Thu, 29 August 2002 23:00 Go to previous message
Mal
As you state that you have installed Oracle Client, that means you need to establish a connection to a Server.Are you trying to establish a connection with a server or just practise some SQL? If its later , you will need to install a Db locally on Your Laptop...
Previous Topic: ORA error
Next Topic: ORA-1652: unable to extend temp segment by 7680 in tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:46:41 CDT 2024