Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Connect On-Prem Oracle to WebApp for Time Punch?
Connect On-Prem Oracle to WebApp for Time Punch? [message #681579] Wed, 05 August 2020 06:01 Go to next message
deepakshetty
Could anybody point me in the right direction on this? I am looking to connect a basic mobile/webapp to an on-prem oracle database. I have a basic website built that allows the user to login and then hit a button on the page and have it record the time punch into a mysql database. But how do I connect that data to then transfer from the mysql database on the webpage to an onprem oracle database?

Am I understanding it correctly that I would have MySql running on my oracle server and I would connect Oracle to MySQL there. And then connect mysql on db server to mysql on webhost vm?
Re: Connect On-Prem Oracle to WebApp for Time Punch? [message #681582 is a reply to message #681579] Wed, 05 August 2020 10:51 Go to previous message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use code tags and make your code easier to read

You could use the ODBC HS Gateway (which is free). The setup is a bit convoluted if you haven't done it before, but in principal it is a database link in the Oracle database that connects to your MySQL database. Then schedule a job in your Oracle DB that will select any new rows through the link.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/19/odbcu/index.html
Previous Topic: Processing Constraints
Next Topic: value set
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:47:27 CDT 2024