Home » Server Options » Spatial » MGE
MGE [message #75778] Mon, 28 January 2002 19:23 Go to next message
Ashwin
Does MGE intergrate with Oracle spatial?
Re: MGE [message #75789 is a reply to message #75778] Mon, 26 August 2002 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Rynard
I called Intergraph about 6-8 months back and was told that MGE will not and that there were no plans to do so. Then I recieved a sales pitch for GeoMedia I tried an eval copy of it and didn't like it because nothing was very intuative and I've used MGE and ARCGIS. Since then we have switched to Bentley's Geographics because it is a Spatial interface. Geographics is a seemless interface. It has just about all the capabilities of the basic MGE suite with almost none of the compatibility headaches. The 2003 release might incorporate the use of Domains. (HOPEFULLY!!!!) At least that is what I was told on the select theater. It has come along way since it's inception though. Also it does away with most of the need for IRASB and IRASC. Raster manager (FOR V8) will handle most of their functionality including natively handling .SID raster formats. I would suggest contacting your local SELECT provider and asking for a demo of it's capabilities and maybe a trial license. You might be pleasantly surprised and pleased. Also Bentley and ESRI are trying to work a deal for easier file interchanges. If your Select provider is Intergraph, contact Bentley directly at this URL http://www.bentley.com . It saved us almost 15% in management fees.
Re: xxx [message #75847 is a reply to message #75789] Sun, 03 October 2004 08:57 Go to previous message
Dani
die schönste auf dieser welt ist Manuela, ich liebe sie ganz fest
Previous Topic: searching for an element in varray
Next Topic: getting startet with SDOAPI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:52:37 CDT 2024