Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR
ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR [message #87617] Fri, 21 January 2005 23:21 Go to next message
Raghavendra
hello all,
I have oracle 9i installed on windows 2000.
Oracle works smoothly.
At login I only enter scott/tiger it gets connected...
It dos not ask for host string....
Its installed in c drive....
Recently i have installed forms 6i...
I have given the path as 'c:abc' it got installed well...
Now when I tried to connect to the database its giving error as
"ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination"....
I tried going to
programs....oracle for windows nt...oracle net easy config....
but its giving error as "an error log is being created"
Can u sort this problem please....

Thanks in advance....
Re: ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR [message #87629 is a reply to message #87617] Mon, 24 January 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AZHAR ALEEM KHAN
this error comes due to invalid TNS address supplied or destination is not listening.
Action:-verify that the service name you entered on the command line was correct.ensure that listener is running at the remote node and the address parameters specified in the TNSNAMES.ORA are correct.
Re: ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR [message #87634 is a reply to message #87629] Mon, 24 January 2005 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raghavendra
hello Azhar,
Iam new to Oracle installation...
Can u please tell me in detail how to do this.....
I would be very thankful if so..

Thanks in Advance....
Re: ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR [message #87638 is a reply to message #87634] Tue, 25 January 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AZHAR ALEEM KHAN
the solution for this problem is given as following:
1-first find the name of SID
you find the name of sid by following SQL
select instance from v$thread;
REMEMBER-login as system
2-after finding the name of SID you have to make a connection to database.
click on START then select PROGRAM-->oracle for windows95-->Net8 easy configuration
this will open the Net8 easy configuration.
In the CHOOSE ACTION Section select add new service.
In the choose service name section,enter a name for the connection in the new service field, then press next.(REMEMBER THE SERVICE NAME)
3.Next window will show a window showing TCP/IP(Internet protocol) press next then next window ask for IP address and port no,enter IP address and
port no of the host on which oracle is installed.
if this is a standalone PC then give IP address as 172.16.194.6 and port no 1521, press next.
4.next window will ask for database SID,type in the SID name which you have found in statement 1,pres next.
5.next window will show for TEST.click on test service button,it will show a window asking for Username and Password.Enter the Required Username/Password and press Test.If you have done all steps correctly there is a message showing a successful connection.
6.after succesful connection press done-->next-->finish.Now you have created a database connection string.
7.Now open the folder where you have installed oracle8i.in this there is a directory NET80-->ADMIN
then open file TNSNAMES.ORA.
Copy the file.
8.Now open the folder where D2K is installed.in this also open NET80-->ADMIN-->TNSNAMES.ORA
Paste the file TNSNAMES.ORA copied from step 7.
8.now connect D2K by giving username,password
and Databse.
here in place of database of you give the Service name which is created in step 2.
I think it will solve ur problem.and still it doesn't work.then contact me at 022-39508815
Re: ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR [message #87646 is a reply to message #87638] Wed, 26 January 2005 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raghavendra
Thanks Azhar for your Kind information...
I will tryout this solution and definitely inform you..
Thanks Once again...
Re: ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR [message #87655 is a reply to message #87638] Thu, 27 January 2005 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raghavendra
Hello,
Iam unable to open this ...

click on START then select PROGRAM-->oracle for windows95-->Net8 easy configuration

Its giving error as ...
jre.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows...
An error log being created....

But Oracle 9i is working smoothly...
I tried reinstalling forms 6i even then iam facing with the same problem...
Looking forward for ur reply...
Thanks...
Re: ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR [message #87805 is a reply to message #87638] Sun, 13 February 2005 23:05 Go to previous message
Haryson Mashaka
First after inatlling my Oracle, entering to SQPPlus connecting as System with password manager it doesn't connect as there an error TNS, also the Net8 easy configuration wizard doest not appear when i run it.
Previous Topic: Open MS Word Doc File From Forms 6i
Next Topic: How to change a image in a image item at Runtime?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 10:42:29 CDT 2024