Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » SQL*Plus
SQL*Plus [message #113865] Fri, 06 September 2002 06:45 Go to next message
Eric Myers
I'm running SQL*Plus from JCL. SQL*Plus can have errors but job still finishes with RC=0.
Obviously I'm not capturing the errors. I changed my sql script to end with
EXIT SQL.SQLCODE but jcl RC still equals 0.

------------------
Eric Myers
Re: SQL*Plus [message #113867 is a reply to message #113865] Wed, 11 September 2002 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Loren Bradford
: I'm running SQL*Plus from JCL. SQL*Plus can have errors but job still finishes with RC=0.
: Obviously I'm not capturing the errors. I changed my sql script to end with
: EXIT SQL.SQLCODE but jcl RC still equals 0.

: ------------------
: Eric Myers

Eric,

Try and add these two lines to your SQL login script

WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT OSCODE;
WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE;
Re: SQL*Plus [message #113869 is a reply to message #113867] Wed, 11 September 2002 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brad simmons
Loren has got it!
Also, be careful, Oracle uses more bytes for return codes than JES does, so the larger error codes suffer from bytes being lost.
p.s. - sqlload will give non-zero return codes. If your controlfile has 'exception processing', rows meeting the exception will generate the non-zero return.
-brad
SQL*Plus [message #113980 is a reply to message #113867] Sat, 07 February 2004 23:29 Go to previous message
Haya
i have created a table and set the relationship and now it is time to insert data but whenever i try to do so i get the following error ( Column not allowed here) i am trying to track the error but with no hope i wish you can help me with defining it
Previous Topic: Synonym for a synonym
Next Topic: oracle on VMS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:57:20 CDT 2024