Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Seeded menu-bar Template.FMB
Seeded menu-bar Template.FMB [message #118909] Mon, 09 May 2005 11:38 Go to next message
Steve Corey
Hello.

In any Windows application, a form has 3 button options in the top-right corner. These choices, typically, are minimize window, maximize window, and close window. Now, the same can be said when you create an application form using Template.FMB for deployment on the web. My question is, is there any way to access the seeded code through Forms builder that controls the behaviour of the minimize, maximize, and close "buttons"? For some reason or another, when I click on the close "button" in the menu, it brings up the progress bar instead of just hiding the form. This seems very strange and I shouldn't have to code for anything to accommodate this problem, but I can just picture a user freaking out when they click close and a huge red bar comes across the screen (which, incidently, cannot be closed without exiting the entire form)

Any ideas are welcome!

Steve
Re: Seeded menu-bar Template.FMB [message #118926 is a reply to message #118909] Mon, 09 May 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
I was able to work-around the problem by dis-allowing the user from clicking the button. I disabled the window property ALLOW CLOSE so that the user is forced to click the buttons on the form instead of the form menu. I am interested to hear if anybody has come across this problem before and how they fixed it.

Take care,
Steve
Re: Seeded menu-bar Template.FMB [message #118952 is a reply to message #118909] Mon, 09 May 2005 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Can't you trap it with the When-Window-Closed trigger?

David
Re: Seeded menu-bar Template.FMB [message #119098 is a reply to message #118909] Tue, 10 May 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
I suppose that would work also, however wouldn't there be some existing code in this trigger that would cause the progress indicator to launch?

Steve
Re: Seeded menu-bar Template.FMB [message #119107 is a reply to message #118909] Tue, 10 May 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lomhanz

use when-window-closed trigger to launch your progress indicator, theres no other way forms can, aside from using this trigger.
Re: Seeded menu-bar Template.FMB [message #119124 is a reply to message #118909] Tue, 10 May 2005 14:31 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
Code did exist. A fellow Metalink user advised me to check this trigger also. The code there yielded the error. My "parent" form closed appropriately because the code in the WHEN-WINDOW-CLOSED explicitally coded the situation for the "parent" form, but not the "pop-up" form that was giving the problem. I just added an ELSIF system.EVENT_WINDOW = pop_up window THEN hide_window. Good as gold, thanks guys.

Steve
Previous Topic: text_io package
Next Topic: Push button disables property.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:25:18 CDT 2024