Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Silent uninstall of 8.1.6.0.0 will not work...
Silent uninstall of 8.1.6.0.0 will not work... [message #129820] Tue, 26 July 2005 18:04 Go to next message
DirtyMonkeyXXX
Here's where I'm at:

I've automated the installation of Oracle Client 9.0.1.1.1 on Windows XP Pro so that it installs perfectly, does exactly what I need it to, and does it all silently in about 10 minutes.

My problem is this: Some of the systems this automation will be run on will have Oracle Client 8.1.6.0.0 installed on them. We don't want that. So I've been trying to find a way to automate the uninstallation of this client prior to (or at the same time as) the installation of 9i. I've tried everything I can come across on the Internet as well as in Oracle's documentation. The -deinstall command line parameter does nothing. The DEINSTALL_LIST option in the response file I use does nothing as well. For all intents and purposes, the Oracle Universal Installer (v. 2.0.1.6.0) ignores every attempt I make to uninstall any part of anything.

I've examined all the log files I've generated during the installs and manual uninstalls (which does work if I interactively uninstall 8i) and don't see any parameters I can throw at the OUI to get it to uninstall. I've also tried removing the old Ora81 directory, but that has no effect on the OUI (it still acts like 8i is installed).

So I'm hoping someone here can enlighten me, alleviate my issues, and hopefully save what hair I have left on my head before I go insane.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Re: Silent uninstall of 8.1.6.0.0 will not work... [message #131190 is a reply to message #129820] Thu, 04 August 2005 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DirtyMonkeyXXX
Nevermind, for anyone else who finds this thread, you MUST be using Oracle Universal Installer 2.2 for any of the uninstall related command line options to work. As soon as I switched from 2.1 to 2.2, everything started working great.

Hopefully someone will find this helpful in the future.

Good luck.
Re: Silent uninstall of 8.1.6.0.0 will not work... [message #184800 is a reply to message #131190] Fri, 28 July 2006 01:59 Go to previous message
pisbol
Do you have succees on uninstalling oracle thru command line? With OUI Version 2.2, which command line parameter did you use?

Thanks in advance!
Previous Topic: After instal Oracle 9i R2 my harddisk space is insufficient
Next Topic: File Error.log on Apache sub folder, eating all my harddisk space
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:26:12 CDT 2024