Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Is there possible to see information from blocks, stored in buffer cache from C program???
Is there possible to see information from blocks, stored in buffer cache from C program??? [message #181978] Wed, 12 July 2006 07:22 Go to next message
aciolac
Hi, folks!
I have read an article,where are describing method to read SGA from C program. I have one interest question - SGA is shared memory, so everyone can read them. Is there are possible to read table data, stored in buffer cahe without any connect to database????
Re: Is there possible to see information from blocks, stored in buffer cache from C program??? [message #182013 is a reply to message #181978] Wed, 12 July 2006 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nmacdannald
I believe you would need to be connected to see the sga. An OCI connection should do it. Check out the Oracle Connection Interface 'C' routines, they are listed in the programmers guide I think.
Neil.
Re: Is there possible to see information from blocks, stored in buffer cache from C program??? [message #182032 is a reply to message #182013] Wed, 12 July 2006 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aciolac
OCI is necessary to work with database by SQL selects. But I say about reading information from physical memory using C language. Without any SQL expressions, and so without any connection to database.
Re: Is there possible to see information from blocks, stored in buffer cache from C program??? [message #182041 is a reply to message #181978] Wed, 12 July 2006 12:31 Go to previous message
nmacdannald
I am sorry I can not help much. I binded the C oci routines to smalltalk so I know some of them. I do not think you are going to get out of having a Oracle session, but I could be wrong. Perhaps there are some O/S tools that can look into memory?
Good luck!
Previous Topic: temp tablespace question
Next Topic: Temp TS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:44:51 CDT 2024