Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How to Create Database Schema using Console
How to Create Database Schema using Console [message #186251] Mon, 07 August 2006 03:17 Go to next message
just_a_kid
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can provide me step by step to create a new database schema using Oracle window console/web console

I opened my Oracle Enterprise Manager Window Console and i couldnt find any menu to create a new schema.
I only can list out the schema and see what are the objects inside the schema ( tables , views, and so on)

I did try to use Administration Web Console by using my Web Browser to browse the my Oracle Server
and i couldnt find it also.

I wonder if anyone know it / know good URL that provide Step By Step Create a schema by using Oracle Enterprise Manager

Is oracle prohibited us to create a new schema using Console?

Thx.
Re: How to Create Database Schema using Console [message #186258 is a reply to message #186251] Mon, 07 August 2006 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JSI2001
Go to the folder for users and right click on it. Although the terms User and Schema are used interchangeably, they are slightly diferent. A schema is a collection of objects, whilst a user is ... well, a user. Create a user and a schema will be created for it. You will not see the chema in the treeview until it contains at least 1 object, but you will see the user that you have created in the users list.

Jim
Re: How to Create Database Schema using Console [message #186265 is a reply to message #186258] Mon, 07 August 2006 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just_a_kid
Hi,

Thanks for the tips.
Now i can create schema provided that i have to create the users first and start adding object into it.

Re: How to Create Database Schema using Console [message #186275 is a reply to message #186265] Mon, 07 August 2006 04:53 Go to previous message
JSI2001
Pretty much, the schema is created when you create the user. It just doesn't show up in OEM until you create an object in that schema.

Jim
Previous Topic: ORA-01575: timeout waiting for space management resource
Next Topic: error in creating database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:30:00 CDT 2024