Home » Infrastructure » Windows » automated install
automated install [message #187019] Thu, 10 August 2006 09:36 Go to next message
revo1059
I am trying to create an install that has NO user input. I need it to install Oracle on a 2000/XP machine, create a database to certain specifications, and start it up with no user intervention. I want to create a CD that the average joe user can just click on INSTALL and xx amount of time later they have a fully functional database. What is the easiest way to do this? Right now I'm using batch files, but it is ugly. I can get Oracle to install silently, but the problem is while Oracle is installing my batch file wont wait until Oracle is done installing before trying to run the database creation (apparently the WAIT command doesnt work, the DOS shell doesnt seem to recognize the new DOS box opening up to do the install).

Also, is there ANY way to get rid of Oracle making the user press ENTER when it is done installing?
Re: automated install [message #187293 is a reply to message #187019] Fri, 11 August 2006 13:09 Go to previous message
ebrian
Are you using the START command with WAIT AND with B ?

You are doing a silent install and it is still requesting user interaction ?
Previous Topic: Problem with ODBC
Next Topic: Need more information......
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:55:22 CDT 2024