Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » INSERT VALUES IN PARENT TABLES WITH SQL LOADER
INSERT VALUES IN PARENT TABLES WITH SQL LOADER [message #187059] Thu, 10 August 2006 13:09 Go to next message
superoscarin@hotmail.com

Hi: 2 questions

I have a control file that load table_B and is child of table_A

Are there any way to specify that load a specific data in table_A, when i try to insert many data in table_B and they don't exist in table_a?

Example:

Table_A

id1 desc
------------
1 desc1
2 desc2

Table_B

id2 id1 value
--------------
a 1 value1
b 2 value2
c 3 value3-->and insert 3 in Table_A.id1 or any other value.

And a second question... Do you know how insert a value when in my text file don't exist any value.

For example;

1,2,''--> if the file value doesn't exist, insert a value in the table (9 for example)... In this case should insert 9 for the last field.

but if exists insert the text file value.
2,3,'4' --> in this case insert 4.

Could you give me some reference documentation about it?? I'm reading oracle database utilities but i still haven´t found something...

Thank you to all.
Alex
Re: INSERT VALUES IN PARENT TABLES WITH SQL LOADER [message #188189 is a reply to message #187059] Thu, 17 August 2006 07:05 Go to previous message
nmacdannald
>Are there any way to specify that load a specific data in >table_A, when i try to insert many data in table_B and they >don't exist in table_a?

Use the a trigger to insert some data into the parent table? What is the point of mandating rows exits in table A if you are just going to create the row anyway? Perhaps you need to take off the exists constraint from tabel B?

>And a second question... Do you know how insert a value when >in my text file don't exist any value.

Use the default value clause.
Previous Topic: removing an instance
Next Topic: column level VPD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:21:31 CDT 2024