Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » how to setup ORA_DBA group in Windows XP for 'oracle' OS UserID
how to setup ORA_DBA group in Windows XP for 'oracle' OS UserID [message #192814] Wed, 13 September 2006 14:38 Go to next message
Henry_VA
Hi folks,
I installed Oracle SW and created an Oracle DB in 10g with my own OS ID, henry, not 'oracle', and have no problem with 'SQL> connect / as sysdba'.

But now I created a new OS UserID call 'oracle' and want to be able to log in as 'SQL> connect / as sysdba' using this 'oracle' ID.

What are the steps do I need to:
1) create an ORA_DBA group in Windows XP,
2) assign it to the 'oracle' OS user,
3) and is there any other Oracle/windows settings I need...

Currently, I received ORA-01031 when attempt with the OS oracle ID.
Any help is appreciate.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 September 2006 14:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to setup ORA_DBA group in Windows XP for 'oracle' OS UserID [message #192816 is a reply to message #192814] Wed, 13 September 2006 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
The user should be a member of the Administrator's group and the ORA_DBA group.
Re: how to setup ORA_DBA group in Windows XP for 'oracle' OS UserID [message #192817 is a reply to message #192816] Wed, 13 September 2006 15:00 Go to previous message
Henry_VA
Thanks, ebrian, for your quick response. I got it.
I found the 'ORA_DBA' Group under 'Computer Management' icon of the Windows 'Administrative Tools' and add the 'oracle' user to it. It works.
Regards,
Previous Topic: dbms_stats - dbms_utility -analyze command : Differences?
Next Topic: increase sessions and processes in oracle 9.2.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:20:54 CDT 2024