Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle10g TableType changes 2 SYSTEM TABLE if "SYS" present in userName
Oracle10g TableType changes 2 SYSTEM TABLE if "SYS" present in userName [message #202415] Thu, 09 November 2006 12:27
MuhammadAmjadIqbal
Hi there,
In my VC app, I am enumerating user's tables (Oracle 10g) using CreateAccessor and GetNextRows etc. I am filtering the records on the basis of the table type e.g.
if( strTableType.CompareNoCase(_T("TABLE"))==0)
//Add the table name to combo box

This works fine for other users like "AMJAD" etc, but if the user has “sys” in her name, e.g. "ABCSYS", it does not work as suspected. Debugging the app revealed that in this case, the table type has been changed somehow to "SYSTEM TABLE".

I used the oracle web console to check this and guess what, it shows the table type as "TABLE". Look here;
Schema | SegmentName | Type | Tablespace | SpaceUsed | SpaceAllocated WastedSpace
ABCSYS | TEST | TABLE | ABCSYS_DATA | 8.00 | 64.00 | 87.50

My question is, does Oracle really change the table type if the user has "sys" in her name or is this name against the oracle naming convention or am I missing something? Has anyone came across such problem?

Cordially,
M.AmjaD
Previous Topic: Batch file command not executing after for
Next Topic: Connecting Oracle 8 database to asp page.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:07:19 CDT 2024