Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Users unable to connect to the database after rebooting the server
Users unable to connect to the database after rebooting the server [message #203111] Mon, 13 November 2006 22:50 Go to next message
oracledba_raja
Hi,
Good Morning...

Oracle Database was shutdown and the unix server also shutdowm for maintenance purpose (for maitenance purpose, it was rebooted in Single user mode and the maintenace was for the Electronic tape library - this was done by Vendor)

Then, the server was rebooted in multiuser mode and oracle database was also startedup.

It was fine and the database was running fine in the server.
Though they did nothing with database, found the users were unable to connect to the database.

Annyway, they managed to login.
(Don't have any detail note abt the cause and the correction, in my office now)

This scneario, happened in my Office, before I joined here.

Now, my boss (he also doesn't know much abt it and he is a informix dba) asked me, whether can I handle such a situation, if it happen again...

I need your help...

1) What may be the cause, which not allowed the users to login?

2) What are the things to be checked if the users are unable to connect?

Thanks and Regards,
Raja

Re: Users unable to connect to the database after rebooting the server [message #203113 is a reply to message #203111] Mon, 13 November 2006 22:58 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

hi raja.
it all depand on err message.
unable to connect to oracle db. bcoz of many reason. without any err message we cann't able to help you.
any way

some point keep in mind.

user try to connect from client. or tirty party tools or etc.

1. check services for Oracle Server and Oracle Client.
2. May sure Network configuration is ok ( all computer are connect to Server Machine).
3.Check Client side tnsnames.ora file entry.
etc.

hope this helps.
Mohammad Taj.
Previous Topic: How to find a particular user, using the common user name...
Next Topic: Unable to connect as Sys User
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:32:16 CDT 2024