Home » Infrastructure » Windows » can we install Oracle 10g Database and Application server on single host
can we install Oracle 10g Database and Application server on single host [message #207154] Mon, 04 December 2006 05:54 Go to next message
honeyapps
Hi all,
I have a small doubt regarding installation of 10g.
Can we install both database and application server on single host.If yes what r the steps need to follow.
i have gone through the documentations given by Oracle but nowhere i find that we can both on same host.
Is it possible to install

Regards

Honey
Re: can we install Oracle 10g Database and Application server on single host [message #207172 is a reply to message #207154] Mon, 04 December 2006 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If I'm not wrong, yes - it is possible. However, you can expect not-so-well performance as if they were installed on separate servers.
Re: can we install Oracle 10g Database and Application server on single host [message #207266 is a reply to message #207154] Mon, 04 December 2006 22:00 Go to previous message
Admin@Lightsql.Com

Yes, it is possible. Many times, my friends, colleagues & I have installed oracle 11i applications in a single host like desktops, laptops and linux machines. This has got both application server, db server and few other servers like forms and reports server on the same host.

You need to have more memory (RAM) and disk memory with a better CPU.

Trust me, do not keep the minimum RAM and Disk as you will land up installation failure. This is very important.

This is only to say that it is possible on a single host. However, visit metalink or this forum for possible procedure. Some simple steps are given handy in puschitz.com. I would recommend Metalink first, and then others sites. I do not have the steps.

Good Luck

Jay
Fun Programming with Oracle & Visual C++, Author of http://www.lightsql.com.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 December 2006 22:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: NET SEND HELP
Next Topic: problem installing oracle 8i in win XP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:25:54 CDT 2024