Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle DB - concurrent user licensing model for 9i and 10g
Oracle DB - concurrent user licensing model for 9i and 10g [message #209984] Mon, 18 December 2006 18:48 Go to next message
asharma
Can someone help me understand how the concurrent user licensing model works for Oracle DB 9i and 10g?

For example, suppose I have a 10 user concurrent license for my Oracle DB. My application is deployed in an application server. There are 3 datasources setup in the application server for connection pooling i.e. 3 local-tx-datasource sections, each with 10 connections.

So in this scenario, will Oracle treat this as 3 user connections, one for each datasource (since a datasource uses a specific user id, I am assuming this will be counted as 1, so a total of 3) or will Oracle try to license this as 30 concurrent user licenses?

Thanks
Re: Oracle DB - concurrent user licensing model for 9i and 10g [message #212629 is a reply to message #209984] Sat, 06 January 2007 17:15 Go to previous message
dominikz

Oracle will look at the number of concurrent users including data sources accessing the system from all multi-plexing points (i.e., web servers), these licenses don't cover batch processing so those users are counted too...

You are better off converting the licenses to NUP, it's a 2 for 1 conversion ratio - assuming you have been paying support. Or maybe you are better off with an SE1 license ... depends on the exact situation.

Feel free to contact me and we can review your situation.

Dominik

dz@ioresources.com
Previous Topic: Memory Requirement - New Database
Next Topic: manually creating oracle9i database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:43:37 CDT 2024