Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » User Privilege Connection Problem - 9i client to 10g server
User Privilege Connection Problem - 9i client to 10g server [message #227492] Wed, 28 March 2007 06:57 Go to next message
t.summerfield
I have just setup a server with Oracle 10g R2 at work.

On my local computer I have to Oracle 10g client installed. Everyone else is still using 9i.

I have setup a new user called "Development" which will be used by everyone to connect to the DB. On my 10g client I can connect to the DB with this username no problem, however it seems everyone using the 9i client can nnot. When they try to connect they are told they do not have sufficient privileges and they need to be granted the SELECT ANY DICTIONARY privilege. I am at a loss as to what to do because the user HAS this privilege granted!!

We have no problems connecting to the DB when we use sys/system/sysman user accounts

Any thoughts/solutions as to what might be happening??

Thanks in advance

Regards
Toby
Re: User Privilege Connection Problem - 9i client to 10g server [message #227510 is a reply to message #227492] Wed, 28 March 2007 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
SELECT ANY DICTIONARY
system privilege is use for access $,DBA views.

for just connect minimum requirement is "create session" in oracle 9i, or "connect" role in oracle 10g.

can you post what error received when your trying to connect from oracle 9i.

regards
Taj
Re: User Privilege Connection Problem - 9i client to 10g server [message #227515 is a reply to message #227492] Wed, 28 March 2007 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
t.summerfield
Taj,
The error messages is as follows:

“This application requires you have been granted the SELECT ANY DICTIONARY privilege. Contact your DBA to grant you this privilege.”

Thanks
Toby
Re: User Privilege Connection Problem - 9i client to 10g server [message #227519 is a reply to message #227510] Wed, 28 March 2007 08:13 Go to previous message
t.summerfield
Taj,
The error messages is as follows:

“This application requires you have been granted the SELECT ANY DICTIONARY privilege. Contact your DBA to grant you this privilege.”

Thanks
Toby
Previous Topic: Can't start oracle service
Next Topic: how to get the output from dbms_job written to a file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:47:33 CDT 2024