Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ORACLE Reports not working after switch from RBO to CBO (9i DB) (ORACLE 9I, WINDOWS 200 SERVER)
ORACLE Reports not working after switch from RBO to CBO (9i DB) [message #290877] Tue, 01 January 2008 23:04 Go to next message
dba_zk_08
Dear All,

We switched our instance to Cost Based Optimizer recently. Also, I have scheduled daily gathering of database statistics. Over all, for more than 3 weeks, we did not face any issues with our ERP application "ORION" and i have noticed significant performance improvements. Since last week, few of our Oracle Reports have been showing unexpected behavior. Usually, they run fine, but suddenly they show no data. If i run the underlying query, I get the data. In the same period, our SGA reached 90% full and i flushed it as one of the user was getting ora-04031 error, and continued with testing on those reports. This time i could see the data in the reports.

What i wanted to know was, has any one noticed CBO having an impact similar to my case, or could their be any other reasons for Oracle Report's such weird behavior?

Please assist.
Re: ORACLE Reports not working after switch from RBO to CBO (9i DB) [message #290901 is a reply to message #290877] Wed, 02 January 2008 01:17 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
The more likely of 4031 error is the use of literals instead of bind variables.
Check your program and SQL statements.
Check also is cursor_sharing parameter was not changed.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Upgration and Migration.
Next Topic: upgrade
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:15:25 CDT 2024