Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle Services After Installation Of 2 Different Oracle Version (Oracle9i , Oracle10 XE, WindowXP)
Oracle Services After Installation Of 2 Different Oracle Version [message #300644] Sun, 17 February 2008 05:18 Go to next message
oraclewannabe
Hi, i would wish to install 2 different Oracle Version 9i and 10Xe in my computer.

I would wish to know

1) what are the oracle services that is compulsory or activated after installation for each of the version and the purpose of each services if possible

2) how do i make sure only oracle services (oracle.exe, tnslistner.exe etc.) of ONE version run at only 1 time, because my Ram is limited, i dont want 2 version of database to be up running at the same time ? ( Do i have to manually set it in the services and management )

3) supposingly i have 2 version running at the same time on LOCAL and on each version there is a schema with the same name , how does oracle know which particular i wish to connect to ?

Thanks all guru for all the time!
Re: Oracle Services After Installation Of 2 Different Oracle Version [message #300681 is a reply to message #300644] Sun, 17 February 2008 14:58 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Don't let Oracle to start automatically - do it manually. Doing so, you'll always know which one of them is up and running. It also means that you can't connect to a schema which belongs to an instance which is shut down. However, you might even start both Oracle instances up; differ them by their aliases (found in the TNSNAMES.ORA file) as a part of the connection string (username/password@database_alias).
Previous Topic: standard edition one
Next Topic: Oracle service name cahngin in xp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:18:20 CDT 2024