Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Alert for Responsibility
Alert for Responsibility [message #301107] Tue, 19 February 2008 03:48 Go to next message
daibatzu
Hi, I have been asked to write an alert (through alert manage) for each time a new responsibility is added to a user. I'm not sure which table to base my alert on though. My initial SQL was:

select 

fndu.user_name,
XXOANDO_GENERAL.DECODE_PERSON_NAME(fndu.employee_id) as full_name,
frvl.responsibility_name,
furg.start_date,
furg.end_date,
(select decode(employee_id, null, user_name, XXOANDO_GENERAL.DECODE_PERSON_NAME(employee_id)) from
fnd_user where user_id = furg.created_by) created_by,
furg.creation_date,
furg.last_update_date,
(select decode(employee_id, null, user_name, XXOANDO_GENERAL.DECODE_PERSON_NAME(employee_id)) from
fnd_user where user_id = furg.last_updated_by) last_updated_by

into

&l_user_name,
&l_full_name,
&l_responsibility_name,
&l_responsibility_start_date,
&l_responsibility_end_date,
&l_created_by,
&l_creation_date,
&l_last_update_date,
&l_last_updated_by

from fnd_user_resp_groups_direct furg, fnd_responsibility_vl frvl, fnd_user fndu
where frvl.responsibility_id = furg.responsibility_id
and frvl.application_id = furg.responsibility_application_id
and fndu.user_id = furg.user_id
and furg.ROWID = :ROWID

But then I realized fnd_user_resp_groups is actually a view. I have found other tables which contain the required info. but the issue is that the information about responsibility addition seems to have 2 records every time a responsibility is added and I don't want the email to be sent twice. So my question is, which table gets updated each time a responsibility is added to a user?
Thanks.
Re: Alert for Responsibility [message #301802 is a reply to message #301107] Thu, 21 February 2008 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karthicknarayan
HI,

WHENEVER U ADD A NEW RESPONSIBILITY, A RECORD WILL BE INSERTED IN THIS TABLE WF_LOCAL_USER_ROLES

REGARDS
KARTHICK
Re: Alert for Responsibility [message #301882 is a reply to message #301107] Fri, 22 February 2008 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daibatzu
Thank you. I've tried this and it works perfectly.
Re: Alert for Responsibility [message #305300 is a reply to message #301882] Mon, 10 March 2008 06:09 Go to previous message
altasen.com
Good that you have it running, but Oracle Alert is kind of replaced by Oracle Workflow. And there are a lot o Business Events that are raised (also for when a Responsibility is added to a user).
Just take a look: Workflow Administrator Web Applications > Business Events.
We have writte books on how to work with Workflow (covers both R11i and R12!)
See: http://stores.lulu.com/learnworks and
our site: http://www.altasen.com

What are customers saying about our books:
"Finally a book that really helps me" (University user, The Netherlands)
"Wow, Apps is really simple" (HR-user Belgium)
"Hats off!" (Apps-DBA India)

Roel Hogendoorn
http://www.altasen.com
Previous Topic: Adding Security Rule to Value Set
Next Topic: calling SQL Loader Program through apps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 07:56:25 CDT 2024