Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Offset accounting - what are they and how are they used in Oracle Apps?
Offset accounting - what are they and how are they used in Oracle Apps? [message #305247] Mon, 10 March 2008 04:15 Go to next message
srkiran23
What are offset accounting? Is it same as clearing accounts that we use. Could you please explain the functionality here?

thanks
Kiran
Re: Offset accounting - what are they and how are they used in Oracle Apps? [message #305740 is a reply to message #305247] Tue, 11 March 2008 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dhaimes
Can you give more details about what particular feature you mean?

Accounts Payable has an automatic offset feature - is that what you are referring to?

Offset accounts are not the same as clearing accounts

David
Blog: http://davidhaimes.wordpress.com

[Updated on: Tue, 11 March 2008 15:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Offset accounting - what are they and how are they used in Oracle Apps? [message #308475 is a reply to message #305740] Mon, 24 March 2008 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srkiran23
Hi David,

yes I am talking about automatic offset feature. I appreciate if you can please explain why it is acually used with some examples. also it would be great if you can tell me the difference between clearing account and offset account.

thanks
Ravi
Re: Offset accounting - what are they and how are they used in Oracle Apps? [message #312159 is a reply to message #308475] Tue, 08 April 2008 02:16 Go to previous message
prasanthbab
Dear Ravi,

Off set account will have to options One balances another one is Account.

While Raising an invoice liability is picking up from Supplier site level.

Where as we may have one supplier site means this options will bring the same (Expence account balancing Segement) combination for the liability account.

i.e it will balance the intercompany transactions .

I hope it might help you.

Regards
Prasanth
Previous Topic: Customer Data Migration Help
Next Topic: Lot Interface
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 07:52:31 CDT 2024