Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Using Discoverer Plus with Oracle Apps
Using Discoverer Plus with Oracle Apps [message #306919] Mon, 17 March 2008 04:53 Go to next message
Abeer30
Hello,

We have Oracle Applications 11.5.10 and we have done the necessary setup to use Oracle Discoverer Desktop client 10.1.2 with the Oracle Applications and we can do that now successfully.

I need help on how to use Discoverer PLUS instead of the Discoverer Desktop. Can anyone show me the steps necessary; the URL I'm supposed to use, the configuration files I'm supposed to check with their locations, etc.

Thank You

Re: Using Discoverer Plus with Oracle Apps [message #309387 is a reply to message #306919] Thu, 27 March 2008 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abeer30
followed the instructions in the checkdiscoverer.sh output and
I was able to start the osagent by startosagent.sh and it gave me
$ startosagent.sh
/ora/applprod/prodora/8.0.6/vbroker/bin/osagent
Started osagent.
Osagent logs messages to the file /ora/applprod/prodora/8.0.6/discwb4/util/osage
nt.log.

when i run the checkdiscoverer.sh again I get the following:

$ checkdiscoverer.sh
CheckDiscoverer: Version 4.1.48.00 on 3/27/08 9:40 AM

Initializing ORB...
ORB initialized successfully.

Checking for OSAgent...
Error: OSAgent is not running. Discoverer will not function correctly unless the
re is at least one OSAgent running in the subnet.
Hint: Start OSAgent by running startosagent.sh under /ora/applprod/prodora/8.0.6
/discwb4/util.

then i run startosagent.sh and i get the following:

$ startosagent.sh
Osagent is already running.

what the problem might be because and how can i solve it

please advise...

Re: Using Discoverer Plus with Oracle Apps [message #309388 is a reply to message #306919] Thu, 27 March 2008 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abeer30
Apologies.

I must say that I followed metalink notes and I have opened discoverer plus successfully in the test instance . But in the development I get the following error:

Unable to connect to the Oracle Discoverer Application Server - Wide area network connection failed. Failed to connect to locator xxx.abc.com_8000OracleDiscoverer Locator4 pointed to by locator.ior file at http://xxx.com_8000OracleDiscovererLocator4 using OS Agent-Gatekeeper connection failed-Hint: An administrator can further diagnose connection problems by running the "checkdiscoverer" script under <ORACLE_HOME>/806/discwb4/util. Please contact your Oracle Discoverer Administrator

I followed the instructions in the checkdiscoverer.sh output and
I was able to start the osagent by startosagent.sh and it gave me
$ startosagent.sh
Started osagent.
Osagent logs messages to the file /ora/applprod/prodora/8.0.6/discwb4/util/osage
nt.log.

when i run the checkdiscoverer.sh again I get the following:

$ checkdiscoverer.sh
CheckDiscoverer: Version 4.1.48.00 on 3/27/08 9:40 AM

Initializing ORB...
ORB initialized successfully.

Checking for OSAgent...
Error: OSAgent is not running. Discoverer will not function correctly unless the
re is at least one OSAgent running in the subnet.
Hint: Start OSAgent by running startosagent.sh under /ora/applprod/prodora/8.0.6
/discwb4/util.

then i run startosagent.sh and i get the following:

$ startosagent.sh
Osagent is already running.

what the problem might be because and how can i solve it

please advise...
Re: Using Discoverer Plus with Oracle Apps [message #309400 is a reply to message #309388] Thu, 27 March 2008 06:00 Go to previous message
skooman
Besides notes on metalink, did you follow the installation manuals? Because there seems to be something wrong with the Discoverer and/or application server and the connection between them.

Besided, this has little to do with EBS, it's just plain Discoverer. You might want to request your question be moved to that forum.
Previous Topic: Oracle Apps Functional
Next Topic: Mass Additions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 08:02:22 CDT 2024